AR2412 Blown Fuse

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions AR2412 Blown Fuse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jdh28 jdh28 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I had an interesting issue while powering up my expander unit.

Condition: In my home, with no inputs or output XLRs connected. No connections on main mix desk either. Just AC power to each item and the factory supplied ethernet cable between them. Both power cables plugged into one power strip and in turn the strip plugged into a grounded outlet.

I have used these pieces together successfully maybe 25 times without issues.

Board booted normally. I found the 2412 without any internal or external LEDs lit. I checked the fuse. It was open with evidence of overheating causing melting in the middle of the fuseable link in the glass. The fuse was not violently blown and dark in the glass like it experienced a huge over-current event.

I had an exact replacement fuse. After replacing the fuse, unit started and ran normally without problems. It has restarted multiple times without incident. No further fuses have blown.

I must admit to being a bit apprehensive though.

Thank you,
    John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Deleted original comment.

Edit: Chris, Ahhh, you are correct sir. After signing correctly editing was possible.

Thank you,
    John

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

There is, but you have to log in rather than inputting username and password for each post.

I am now editing this post to tell you that to log in you need to put your username and password into the boxes at the top. A picture of a page with a pencil on it will then appear above your posts.

Chris

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

If anyone from Allen & Heath reading the original post has a suggestion or course of action I would be interested in what they have to say.

Thank you,

John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Any suggestions from A&H?

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by John S

Any suggestions from A&H?

John,

You’re better off contacting their technical support directly: https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Support/Pages/technicalsupport1.aspx

regards,
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.