Firmware Update Troble

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Firmware Update Troble

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of svelting svelting 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of svelting
    svelting
    Participant

After waiting nearly 7 months we finally have the new Mix Engine for our iLive 144 with IDR-10 rack. But now the system won’t let me update the firmware to V1.9 – it sees it on the jump drive but the “Perform Updates” button under “Perform Firmware Updates” on the console is grayed out. I previously had mistakenly undated to V1.9 without having the hardware – then I had to reinstall V1.83 until we received the hardware. What could be going on? I tried the update using V1.9 and also V1.91 – same issue. Should I just install the hardware and then see if it will update to V1.91?

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Did you update the firmware to v1.91 before installing the mixrack plus?

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of svelting
    svelting
    Participant

Back in November I installed V1.9 but after it was installed I received the notice that I had to have new hardware. So I reinstalled V1.83 and have been using that up until now. I have been trying to install the V1.90 and/or V1.91 without success because the system does not allow me access to the “Perform Updates” tab. I have not installed the new Mix Engine card yet because the instructions tell me to wait until I updated the Firmeware. But I am at a standstill because it is not allowing me to “Preform Updates”. There is a printed instruction sheet in the box with the new Mix Engine that leads me to think that I can install the Mix Engine card first and then update the firmware – by just ignoring the request to install the V.1.7 firmware it is asking for.

quote:

Originally posted by Rexeltw

Did you update the firmware to v1.91 before installing the mixrack plus?

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.