Why have aux on off buttons?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Why have aux on off buttons?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xjcsa xjcsa 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Perry
    Dave Perry
    Participant

Hi

As the question states why can I turn off and on mix assign for aux’s. This is not a feature on analogue consoles. You can send no level but why also have the on off selection.

I understand why you would have this for groups.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, smaller desks might not have the on/off button for individual aux sends, but Midas Heritage had this option, and I found it quite useful. Not sure if that has so much use in digital world, but I try to keep my routing clear even I could just turn down some unwanted signals.

ddff

Profile photo of Dave Perry
    Dave Perry
    Participant

Turning down the unwanted signal seems the obvious thing to do. I guess you could turn off aux assigns for specific channels to avoid sending signal accidental to the wrong aux.

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pyrodave

Turning down the unwanted signal seems the obvious thing to do. I guess you could turn off aux assigns for specific channels to avoid sending signal accidental to the wrong aux.

Yep. Something particularly useful to help prevent sending effects returns back into effects sends.

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pyrodave

Hi

As the question states why can I turn off and on mix assign for aux’s. This is not a feature on analogue consoles. You can send no level but why also have the on off selection.

I understand why you would have this for groups.

This is actually a common feature on higher-end analog desks like the Midas Heritage line, Yamaha PM-series, and many others. One benefit is that it allows you to turn off that aux send without losing the level you had it at if you want it back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.