Waves soundgrid unreliable.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Waves soundgrid unreliable.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Albin Albin 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Ok. So in your setup you are actually using Remote Desktop to control a laptop on stage? Is that not with considerable lag? Mind you, my control computer is not on stage, it is at FOH running multirack SG through the ACE connection. This is, from what I have been told here, a working and supported solution. If this wasn’t possible, it would be kind of a failed system integration.

A&H can you confirm here?

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

There is no recognicable Lag with Remote Desktop in my case.
    But i know another User of Ilive with Waves integration that has the same setup as you have – bridging the MWaves Card Control Port to the IDR Network Bridge and control the SG Server from an Laptop at FOH Position.
    It works well as he told me – but as i had said before – it was not working well for me – but for sure it was something with my Network Settings, but did not take the time to look further in there, since my setup now works very well (and the Laptop on stage running Multirack runs also the Editor – spare one.
    Works with no problems.

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

ok. Sound interesting! Especially since this laptop could also work as recorder/virtual soundcheck. But when I tried to use remote desktop through the ACE connection, it seemed quite slow to update the screen. I’ll have to give it another shot :)

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Just to make it shure:
    The Laptop FOH Controlling the Laptop on stage is connected via WLAN – not via ACE Tunnel!

Just to make it clear.

As said – this is working without any problems for months now.

I also use the Laptop (which has an Intel Core i3 and an SSD) that is on stage for recording on an external HDD connected via USB simultaneously running Multirack SG – 32 tracks with no problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.