Plugging in second flash drive stops recording.

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Plugging in second flash drive stops recording.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Slight USB issue this morning. Recording to one flash drive and I plugged in a second one to update the copy of the show file on it.

This stopped the recording on the first one. The .wav file is intact and I had everything I needed recorded. The log file said that the USB key had been removed, suggesting that it can only deal with one at a time and the most recently plugged in one takes priority. I noticed too that the console UI doesn’t seem to have any way to differentiate between the two USB ports. EG. “copy to USB” but which one?

How is this supposed to be managed?

Chris

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Is the secondary one for use with a USB keyboard only?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

my dealer told me that the first USB-Stick you plug in will be the one who’s popping up in the menu for recording, recall, safe, …
    2nd USB-Port is for everything else… most of you will use it for iphone oder ipad recharge! but it’s also possible for connecting a keyboard! Or anything else that work with Powered USB like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMbRqdp1Nh4

[:D]

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Fair enough, the problem is that plugging in the second one caused it to think I’d removed the first.

If it’s possible without breaking something else it would be good to be able to use both, so if you wanted to recall a library file from a flash drive when you had already started recording on another it would work.

Probably not coming soon. [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by eotsskleet

2nd USB-Port is for everything else… most of you will use it for iphone oder ipad recharge! but it’s also possible for connecting a keyboard! Or anything else that work with Powered USB like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMbRqdp1Nh4

[:D]

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

If you take a set of those christmas lights that have 3 AA batteries in a box, and cut the battery box off, and attach a USB plug…

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.