fixed format or modular?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions fixed format or modular?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tk2k tk2k 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of greywizard
    greywizard
    Participant

hey guys I am thinking of going digital. What are the pro’s and cons of using either model. I am thinking of the Ilive 112. i need recording
    (at least 10 multitracks @ 96Khz)capability so a dante card + iDr 16 is my starting point. I would need to use it through a router and control it through iLive editor or iPad app. Any help or advice is appreciated.How do the preamps respond to high screams and the compressor section as well….

Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

Hi,

At the moment all the iLive systems only works with 48Khz…
    So 96Khz wouldn’t be compatible…

T112 – iDR48 – Dante – v1.9

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by greywizard

hey guys I am thinking of going digital. What are the pro’s and cons of using either model. I am thinking of the Ilive 112. i need recording
    (at least 10 multitracks @ 96Khz)capability so a dante card + iDr 16 is my starting point. I would need to use it through a router and control it through iLive editor or iPad app. Any help or advice is appreciated.How do the preamps respond to high screams and the compressor section as well….

as stated before 48k “only” (which is still plenty)

Preamps have huge headroom. Sound exceptional as well.
    Compressor is quite powerful, you won’t get an EL-8 out of any onboard digital compressor, but you get pretty darn close, better than the built-in i’ve heard on other consoles. Yes, Venue has full plugin support, but until they migrate to AAX I still think the iLive compressor sounds better

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    Austin Federa, Lawrence University
    https://dimmercheck.blogspot.com

greywizard
    Participant

So in terms of the model ‘T’ vs modular regular iLive 112, what/when are the situation that eiher model might be better suited? in terms of cost as well, which one is the better choice? I am thinking of Dante card on the iDr 16 ……

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

So in terms of the model ‘T’ vs modular regular iLive 112, what/when are the situation that eiher model might be better suited? in terms of cost as well, which one is the better choice? I am thinking of Dante card on the iDr 16 ……

I think you should spend some time reading the A&H info pages. 100% of what you are asking is available there.

Do you need preamps on the surface? Then your only option is to go modular.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad

Profile photo of teknik99
    teknik99
    Participant

quote:

Originally Posted by Tk2K

Do you need preamps on the surface? Then your only option is to go modular

This is not neccessarily the only way to get pre-amps at FOH M-ACe in port b on stage, IDR 16 at FOH with either another M-Ace or M-Dante in port B.

If you want redundancy in case of an ace failure or similar then Modular is a must.

Cheers

greywizard
    Participant

ahh very nice…I don’t need redundancy.( got the ole gl2400 on standby with a rack)

what i am aiming for is high quality integrated fx processing in/onboard and the ilives seem to offer that. I am looking to network the ilive and IDr 16 to a router to allow control via a tablet or IPAd (wireless) to tweak the signal to perfection lol. In terms of cost, i have been looking for iLive 112 on google but just a few ppl carry it. anyone got a good reccomendation …. I will be in New York in July, so any US merchants you can reccommend would be good.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

ahh very nice…I don’t need redundancy.( got the ole gl2400 on standby with a rack)

what i am aiming for is high quality integrated fx processing in/onboard and the ilives seem to offer that. I am looking to network the ilive and IDr 16 to a router to allow control via a tablet or IPAd (wireless) to tweak the signal to perfection lol. In terms of cost, i have been looking for iLive 112 on google but just a few ppl carry it. anyone got a good reccomendation …. I will be in New York in July, so any US merchants you can reccommend would be good.

Contact A&H directly and they’ll be happy to work with you to find a demo location and time

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.