Fader for headphones

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Fader for headphones

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It can be done for wedge and IEM outputs…

On quieter events I often get a bit annoyed by the volume bleeding out of the headphones. It would be nice if it was possible to set up a channel strip for them that would allow muting, or even a softkey mute option.

I can just turn the volume knob down but I’d like to leave it at a reference level, and hitting a button is easier than grabbing and turning a knob.

Not a priority by any means, but if it’s easy… [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey Chris, how are your settings with the PAFL-Buttons? If you have single PAFL then you could setup a softkey which assign a PAFL of a spare AUX-Channel for example!

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’m not using wedge or iem, not currently anyway.

If possible I’d like to be able to PAFL stuff but only have it come out of the headphones if I want it to. The signal would still go to the PAFL bus but the bus could be muted.

I think what I really want is a set of those AKG’s that mute themselves when you take them off your head. [:p]

I have the softkeys set up as sel/mix/pafl WDG 1 – 4, sel/mix/pafl FX 1-4, tap tempo, mix LR. I’m sure I could free one up if needed.

Chris

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

You dont need to be using wedges or IEMs to use the PAFL on fader feature:
    simply drag the IEM fader onto a convenient spot on the surface in the setup strip window. Then go to the PAFL tab and select ‘IEM MIX TO HEADPHONES’. now when you PFL/AFL a channel, that fader will control the level coming out of the cans together with a handy MUTE key! plus the phones rotary near the screen is still a master final level.
    you could FREEZE this fader in layers so you dont lose it.

HTH

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

I’m not using wedge or iem, not currently anyway.

If possible I’d like to be able to PAFL stuff but only have it come out of the headphones if I want it to. The signal would still go to the PAFL bus but the bus could be muted.

I think what I really want is a set of those AKG’s that mute themselves when you take them off your head. [:p]

I have the softkeys set up as sel/mix/pafl WDG 1 – 4, sel/mix/pafl FX 1-4, tap tempo, mix LR. I’m sure I could free one up if needed.

Chris

Leon A&H UK. Please do not adjust your set; normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Cool [8D] Thanks,

I’ll set this up next time I’m at the desk. Am I right in thinking that I’ll need to assign everything to the IEM bus? I played around with IEM and Wedge months ago but haven’t used it since.

Chris

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

In anticipation of offline editing, it will be cool to swap stuff like this and check it out in “sim”.

Had June intro of offline editing confirmed by a A&H person (shh…. it’s our secret)

Other cool things for this part of the A&H product line coming, as well.
    [8D]

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Had June intro of offline editing confirmed by a A&H person (shh…. it’s our secret)

June of what year? [}:)]

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

it ends with a 3.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Leon BigEars

simply drag the IEM fader onto a convenient spot on the surface in the setup strip window. Then go to the PAFL tab and select ‘IEM MIX TO HEADPHONES’. now when you PFL/AFL a channel, that fader will control the level coming out of the cans together with a handy MUTE key!

Leon A&H UK.

Thanks, I set this up this morning and it works perfectly.

Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.