Preamp problem IDR48

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Preamp problem IDR48

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi, last weekend a had a 3 day festival and Saturday i had a problem with preamp 9 on my IDR48. It worked allright on friday .When i changed the preamp rotary at some positions there was a sudden jump of lets say 20 db . this was on a OH channel so big feedback. the positions where this happens seems always the same. I tried with and without PAD and Phantom , loaded a factory show but the problem persists.
    In the end i just assigned another socket and all was good.
    So i think bad preamp.
    Has anyone had this problem and what was the solution.
    I think i could swap preamp board B1-B8 with F1-F8 because i don’t use ch 41-48

Kind regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Hi Leiven

Yes I have the same problem with one preamp socket (B5) where increasing the gain past about 19db causes a big jump. I contacted local distributor about iit a long time ago and they said to return for repair as it is a hardware fault. I have not done that as yet – I just work around it as you have by either assigning another socket or avoiding high gain settings on that preamp. Must get it fixed though!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, same story here got one iDR16 with 3 channels acting same way.

ddff

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

OK, i switched the preamp boards and now the bad preamp is on channel 41 which i don’t use that often.
    So we see where it goes. I rather changed the boards than always have to make sure channel 9 is on another preamp socket.

Thanks

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.