Link Aux

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nrixmixer
    nrixmixer
    Participant

Hello guys, i’m a beginner gld 80 user, i would like to know if it is possible to link 2 AUX like this example : if i have aux 1 and 2 i want that they have the same exact input/Fx/eq on them and when i move the input of 1 of them, the other aux do same exactly like it was a copy paste.

Thank you !

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hey nrixmixer and welcome to the GLD-Community!

I think it’s not possible… you would have to “GANG” 2 AUX together but in my mind you can just GANG ipnut Channels together!

Can you tell us why you would like to link them together?

If you want to do a Stereo AUX then just pick the stereo-aux! (you can choose the numbers of stereo and mono auxes in the SETUP-menu)

Another way would be that you route for example the AUX 1 to Output-channel 4 and to Output-channel 5 on the AR2412 Rack. You can do that in the I/O menu!

Last but not least… just copy/paste your settings that you did on AUX 1 to AUX 2! You need to copy once the “AUX1-overall-select” and once the “AUX1-Mix” to recieve everything from AUX1 to AUX2!

Hope that helps… or do i don’t understand what you need?

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

What ultimate result are you trying to achieve?

What you have described seems a bit pointless as you would have 2 separate mixes that would sound exactly the same. So why not just use 1 mix?

If all you need to do is to get that mix to appear on two seperate output sockets at the same time you can do that in the I/O screen as eotsskleet says.

Chris

Profile photo of nrixmixer
    nrixmixer
    Participant

Thanks for your great reply :)

Well, the reason I want to achieve this is because sometimes musiciens wants the exact same result of their aux mix on many speakers but with some level up/down on each of them Different, if i just do your i/O settings with like on AR 24/12 i will be able to duplicate the output of the aux 1 or aux 2 and then get the same signal but i wont be able to control the volume of each speaker, i must do it manually by going to the stage and increase/decrease the volume of each speaker to get what they want.

Another example, if i want to use an ear monitor for like singer n’1 and he wants to get the same master signal but with different level gain on the master, how can i control his “master copy mix volume” in his ear without changing the master output on the speakers ?

Another Question :

Is there any way to save some “eq/fx/comp… preset” on a usb and load them whatever “project” i’m doing or should i always recall the same project for that i can load them (i noticed that i can’t recall a preset with the usb if i created a new project).

Sorry about my bad english, thank you a lot !

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

It is possible to store and recall EQ,comp, etc settings.. there’s a second tab in the setup-menu just next to the show presets! (first i didn’t recognised that as well, but it’s also possible for example to copy a GEQ-Setting from one show to another show with the copy/paste buttons on the surface!

For the AUXes… if you just want to control individually the Master-Volume, then you could use a Matrix for example! Just assign the AUX 1 – MIX to the specific number of Matrixes you want to use and assign them in the I/O Screen to the output socket that you want! Then you just have to mix 1 AUX Channel but the Master-Volume of each Speaker that you assigned to it is controlled individually.

However… there is always a solution on GLD that will work for you… in my Mind it’s better to have the needed number of AUXes and after the first Mixdown of an AUX you copy the sends-level to all of the others… fine-tuning for each musician can be done easier and also the GEQ of each monitor can be different even it’s the same brand and model! (It also depends where it is placed, which ears does hear it, etc…)

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.