Gld 80

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RYAN-LOUDMUSIC-JENKINS RYAN-LOUDMUSIC-JENKINS 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rchauvin
    rchauvin
    Participant

Would like to see the ability to connect 2 gld 80’s to the gld ar2412 audio rack one for foh and the other set up for monitor mixing and have the mic/line gains to be independent from eachother

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The preamps and A/D converters are in the AR2412. There is no way to have independent preamp gains if there is only one preamp per mic input.

The digital attenuation happens in the console so this could be independent.

Chris

rchauvin
    Participant

Thanks Chris,I kinda figured that it would be set up like that,just don’t know if a second console can be plugged into the monitor port and have it work as a monitor mix console.

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

This actually can work pretty well by using Dante cards in the surface. One of the GLDs – probably monitor world – owns the stage boxes And analog gains. The FOH GLD is connected via Dante to the Monitor world GLD and mixes using Trim. The GLD has a function where you can set the gain encoder to be trim, so it’s actually pretty natural.

Everyone wants magic independent analog preamps, and a few boards much more expensive can do reverse gain compensation, but the reality is with the headroom available on today’s boards and good gain structure, there really isn’t any reason you can’t make it work with shared gain and separate digital trim.

rchauvin
    Participant

I just found out that I don’t have to connect a second console for monitors,that monitors can be controlled remotely from the stage using an I pad,that there is a setting in the console for remote control and it can be switched from foh control to monitors only, so I have been told,I have yet to try it and see if it works

rchauvin
    Participant

Has anyone tried this already ?

quote:

Originally posted by rchauvin

Has anyone tried this already ?

I use my iPad all the time to control the GLD. FOH mixer can control the FOH mix and monitor mixer can control monitors on the iPad if you want. iPad can also control the FOH mix or what ever you want. Very easy.

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR84

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.