Editor Software – Please

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Editor Software – Please

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KWB KWB 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Moparcar
    Moparcar
    Participant

I have to agree with Bigbean on the usefulness of a functional offline editor. I could use the precious extra minutes pre show to deal with the attitudes of the lead singers and noodling guitar players to get my chi right vs hunched over the desk tapping on the little touch screen. Not a deal breaker by any means, but could be handy to pre edit shows for National acts prior to arrival at the venue where I do everything myself and time is never friendly.

PS – had another system crash last night post show. We’re on our second GLD after problems with the first. :(

“Can I get some talent in the monitor, please.”

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Great news! (if true). I think it goes without saying that it would need to run on PC.

If it could do live editing using a wired cat5 cable that would be fun. [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of KWB
    KWB
    Participant

Can not agree more with the need for an offline editor. Upfront acknowledging that it was not available at purchase and was not expected at any point. Would just be a ‘very nice to have’ item.

In our church I act as Admin / System Engineer plus BE for certain worship teams; I also have 5 other techies with varying degrees of skill and/or time. They are lucky to spend an hour or two in a week at the desk (rehearsal plus Sunday Service). Generally, the time is spent unpacking gear from locked rooms, connecting everyones amps, guitars, mics, mic stands, monitors, DI’s etc (not joking) followed by 45 mins of changes to the ‘perfect’ setting from the night before.

This is not conducive to getting around the GLD and designing your own work flow and architecture. With an offline editor each team member could spend hours re-engineering their set-ups until they find that one glorious workflow that makes them happy.

Naturally, our first and bigget concern was working out the rigging and de-rigging, which is well underway.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.