System Configuration Help

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions System Configuration Help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am in the process of upgrading a church’s sound system with an iLive system and have some requirements that I have both Aviom and Dante for recording.

I think I have a configuration that will work, but I am not sure so I would like to get some comments on it.

At the FOH position, we will have a T112 Surface connected to a iDR-64 through the built in ACE. In port B will be a Dante card that will go to a gigabit switch that will be connect to a computer with a Virtual Dante for recording.

An iDR-0, with a Dante card in port A and an ACE card in port B, will be on stage and connected to the gigabit switch.

The ACE card would be connected to a xDR-16 with a MMO in port B to connect to the on stage Aviom network.

Will a system like this work? What kinds of problems will I run into with a system like this?

My alternative would be have an ACE card in port b of iDR-64 connected to an iDR-16 with the MMO in its port B, and not have the recording.

Have the appropriate amount of fun,

Mark.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Sure seems like it should work. There are lots of options once everything is Dante-capable. Seems like the initial configuration would be the hard part.

I’ve been considering going the Dante/ME route. Are you connecting to an existing Aviom system or are you starting from scratch?

I would sit down and map out a plan before jumping, keeping in mind where your clock master is, where the control points are, and what you are hoping to accomplish.

I’m hoping we see the new Dante release soon for the iLive series.

iDr48/T-112/MADI/Dante

Yes, we have an existing Aviom system that the MMO will connect to. I will be replacing the AN-16/i at the FOH with the MMO on stage that connects to the AN-16D Pro distributer.

I could keep the AN-16/i and use 16 outputs on the iDR-64, but that seems like the wrong way to do it.

I do have a plan, and I think it will work, but I am not too sure about the Dante card in the port A of iDR-0 and the ACE in the port B and still have the MMO in the xDR-16.

I am about to pull the trigger on all this and I wanted a sanity check.

Mark.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by mark@foothillsbaptist.org

At the FOH position, we will have a T112 Surface connected to a iDR-64 through the built in ACE. In port B will be a Dante card that will go to a gigabit switch that will be connect to a computer with a Virtual Dante for recording.

All good so far.

quote:

An iDR-0, with a Dante card in port A and an ACE card in port B, will be on stage and connected to the gigabit switch.

The problem here is that the iDR0 cannot sync from Port A, also patching to / from Port A is limited in the number of channels due to the fact it is typically used for the MixRack to Surface link.

quote:

My alternative would be have an ACE card in port b of iDR-64 connected to an iDR-16 with the MMO in its port B, and not have the recording.

This presents the same issue as above. A few ideas:

– Fit an ACE card in Port B of the iDR-64, as you say, then connect two xDR-16s, one with Dante (for recording), one with MMO (for Aviom output).
    – Keep Dante in Port B and go ME-U and ME-1 instead of Aviom, as dburris mentioned. You get a superior system with up to 40 sources to mix for each musician.
    – Use a modular iLive-112 with ACE in Port A (connected to the iDR-64) and MMO in Port B (for Aviom output).

I hope this helps

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.