GLD software maintenance release V1.12

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD software maintenance release V1.12

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Allen and Heath are pleased to announce that a maintenance release of the GLD software (V1.12) is now available for download

For details of the changes please read the release notes.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Remember folks: save your show file first! Updating the firmware will clear all scenes so you will need to reload your show.

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I did the update today and it left the show files intact.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bigbean

I did the update today and it left the show files intact.

Updates always leave saved show files intact. (edit: at least they have so far…)

The reason some people are losing settings is because they update without saving the settings into a show file first. Update runs, console loads default show file, settings gone.

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Update 1.11 erased the show files.
    update 1.2 left the show files intact.

This is an observation not an accusation.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bigbean

Update 1.11 erased the show files.
    update 1.2 left the show files intact.

This is an observation not an accusation.

Huh. I’ll take your word for it–I’ve personally only installed 1.10 and 1.12 (which both left the show files on the GLD intact).

I managed to procrastinate installing 1.11 long enough that 1.12 came out before I got it done–who’s got time to read 14-character scene names anyway?[:D]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.