Saving GLD for Firmware Upgrade

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Saving GLD for Firmware Upgrade

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Volum Volum 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rbecks
    rbecks
    Participant

Our church has a GLD-80 and love it. All of us are volunteers and we thought we knew enough when we upgraded the firmware to V1.10. But after the upgrade everything was gone, and even our usb backup couldn’t pull the right info back onto the board. Needless to say we had to start over. We want to upgrade to V1.11 and have even heard that V1.2 is on its way this week. What is a good step by step way to ensure that our scenes are saved on usb and all of our eq library stuff is saved as well.

Thanks

Ross Becksfort

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

1):
    Save a show (not a scene) with your settings… you do that in
    setup/memory/show manager. The saved show will include all your saved scenes and EQ libraries.

2):
    Copy the show to USB (you’ll see the button to do that in the show manager tab that should already be open for the previous step).

Incidentally, to avoid losing settings you need to do step 1) any time you recall a show from memory or USB–what the firmware upgrade basically does is recall the default show the console ships with.

Profile photo of rbecks
    rbecks
    Participant

Awesome! That is not the way we saved it before. Now I heard that V1.12 is coming out today. Do I have to upgrade in order? Im at V1.10. Do I have to go to V1.11 then V1.12?

Ross Becksfort

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by rbecks

Do I have to go to V1.11 then V1.12?

You can go straight to the 1.12. Make sure to backup your showfile(s) first :)

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.