PAFL in Stereo

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions PAFL in Stereo

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds dnxmirrorsounds 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rrcotten
    rrcotten
    Participant

Hello,

I am new to the forum and relatively new to the iLive T-112.

Can someone please provide a basic example of how to configure iLive – T112 so that when PAFL is selected for a specific channel or channels, the stereo image of the selected channels is maintained in the local monitor outputs and headphones. My experience to this point has been that whenever a channel is put into PAFL mode, the local monitor outputs and headphones immediately go to Mono. I run broadcast audio for my church services, which is broadcast live on local television. I need a practical method to monitor and swap back & forth quickly between #1) the standard stereo main output of the T-112 and #2) the stereo ‘off the air’ audio.

I currently have the ‘off the air’ stereo audio routed into the T-112 as two input channels, which are panned Left and Right (but of course not routed to any outputs). My idea was to route the stereo audio into the T-112, then simply select PAFL for the two ‘off the air’ channels whenever I need to monitor the off the air signal. This does work; however whenever I select either or both of these channels, my monitor and headphones immediately switch to Mono, rather than maintaining stereo separation.

I appreciate any insight or advice. Thank you.

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

I guess, configuring those two inputs as one stereo channel might solve this…

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

There are also the two buttons on the right – Input and Output AFL?

If you select the Input one, then you will hear the channel with it’s PAN and FOH level rather than before (PRE) the fader.

I find this really useful when you want to check your vocal mix by PAFL-ing the Vox DCA.

I hope this is what you are looking for or, alternatively, a new avenue of fun and adventure :)

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.