GLD-80 Questions and requests (new owner!)

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD-80 Questions and requests (new owner!)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MattLW MattLW 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Hi,

Just got a new GLD-80, previously we’ve only had Yamaha’s in stock, some questions and feature request:

1/ Faders: They move quite fast and don’t appear to have any dust strips in them to stop dust getting in to them, is that the case?
    (asking because Yamaha’s LS9’s had calibration issues with there old faders without dust strips and the speed they moved. They swapped out all the faders with the new ones for me, and a firmware update dropped the speed they move. Just curious if a similar issue will likely appear on A&H’s GLD’s over time?).

2/ Monitor mixes (when doing foh & monitors from the same board), is there any way of providing monitor mixes pre-eq and dynamics, then with separate eq and dynamics for the monitors? With an LS9 you can gang layer one’s faders to layer two’s fader and use the same
    input, just turning off the layer one send for the auxes. Anyway of achieving something similar on the A&H GLD? Same question with the iLive system?

3/ EQ on faders: Is their any possibility of getting a way of choosing which bands are shown on the faders e.g. box on the screen around the eq faders been shown on the surface faders, that can be dragged left/right on the touch screen (using the eq curve window as a slider, for instance, to move it left/right to select what is show on the surface). And then the option to set the GEQ flip function to just turn it on/off?

4/ PEQ: Just updated to the latest firmware, I’m sure previously their was a ‘ tap twice’ to reset the PEQ to’0′, can’t seem to find that option now, has it gone, did I imagine it?

5/ DCA’s to Zero: Would be really great if tapping the button moved the fader to ‘0’ but didn’t lock it to ‘0’ and a push and hold locked it to ‘0’. (save us pedantic line the faders at zero to start with types a little time).

Cheers,

Matt

http://www.lite-works.co.uk

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

2. Unlike the Yamaha, the GLD/iLive have a tap point so you can send the output to the auxes post EQ/pre dynamics, or pre eq/pre dynamics, and several other options. I forget where this is off the top of my head, but I think you get there by pressing the select key of the aux send in question and going to the routing tab? Anyway, this will likely eliminate your need to split channels.

4. Resetting the EQ (or anything else) is done by holding the Reset button on the surface while pressing the Select button of what you are intending to reset. This works for PEQ, GEQ, dynamics, and lots of other things.

Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Thanks for the reply time.

Funnily enough just found the ‘tap point’ tonight, just before reading your post.

Was I imagining the option of double tapping on the screen to reset the PEG gain?

And two further questions: How do you/can you: Globally set an aux to pre/post fade. The routing screen looked like it globally set the ‘tap point’, but not the pre/post fade.

And, on the PEQ screen for the efx racks outputs, why don’t the ‘channel strip’ (left of touch screen) EQ controls become active for this PEQ in there?

Cheers,

Matt

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

quote:

How do you/can you: Globally set an aux to pre/post fade. The routing screen looked like it globally set the ‘tap point’, but not the pre/post fade.

And, on the PEQ screen for the efx racks outputs, why don’t the ‘channel strip’ (left of touch screen) EQ controls become active for this PEQ

First press the blue Mix button of the Aux you want to change.
    If you press the green “pre/post” key in the middle together with a channel select key (also green), it will change the status of that single channel. Pressing the “pre/post” key together with the green select key of the Aux master will change ALL of the channels at the same time. The pre or post status is shown ( in veeeery small letters) on the lower right side of the channel strip above the faders.

The Fx send channels have no EQS, the FX returns do have them, they also show on the left (physical button) side.

Hope that could help…
    Pit. [:)]

Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Thank Pit,

Knew the the global pre/post would be something silly I’d missed! Late at night (I’d only really pulled it out to update the firmware, ended up doing a bit more ) and I had been expecting to find it somewhere as an option on the screen.

When I had the rack output side(FXreturn) PEQ selected last night, it definitely wasn’t coming up on the physical controls at all. Will have to power it up and double check that.

Cheers,

matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.