Split-Tracks

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Split-Tracks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barrettq
    Barrettq
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just installed my first GLD-80 and I’m very excited about the system. This install is in a church where they often use Split-Track CD’s for their choir.

I would like to use the stereo RCA’s on the back of the GLD-80 for the CD Decks. My question – is it possible to split the left and right to a set of faders so I can control the vocals and music on the CD separately. I hate the thought of “wasting” 2 of the balanced inputs on CD Decks sitting right next to the console.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barrett

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

By default the stereo RCA pairs are patched to the two stereo input processing channels but if you go into the I/O patch menu you can assign an RCA pair to two mono input processing channels instead.

Are there free mono input processing channels available in this install? (How many I/O racks are installed)?

Profile photo of Barrettq
    Barrettq
    Participant

We’ve got the AR2416 and 2) AR84 installed, but they’re all in the rack room near the stage, not in the sound booth.

I’ll have to experiment further with assigning the stereo channels, I guess I missed the option to assign to 2 mono channels. If I can do that, problem is solved.

Barrett

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Barrettq

We’ve got the AR2416 and 2) AR84 installed, but they’re all in the rack room near the stage, not in the sound booth.

I’ll have to experiment further with assigning the stereo channels, I guess I missed the option to assign to 2 mono channels. If I can do that, problem is solved.

Barrett

You’re completely free to assign any input socket (be that mic preamp, RCA connector, USB audio playback, or I/O card) to any input processing channel.

One hitch–you’ve got the maximum number of stage racks so there are 44 mic preamps in your system and only 44 mono input processing channels. So if you take two of those mono channels and assign them to the RCA inputs you’ll only have 42 mono processing channels available for your preamps–though you may be able to put two mic preamps into the stereo input processing channel you’re freeing up if you’ve got any stereo sources on stage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.