How to setup Dantecard to work with Logic Pro 9

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions How to setup Dantecard to work with Logic Pro 9

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 11 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fkk
    fkk
    Participant

How do I setup the GLD-80 to work with Dantecard, which I have installed. I have installed both the “DANTE VIRTUAL SOUNDCARD” + “DANTE CONTROLLER”.

I have configured a wireless network with a Linksys E2000 Cisco router. https://support.linksys.com/en-eu/support/routers/E2000 and conected the router to the GLD-80 network port, for working with the Ipad. And it seems to work with the Ipad APP so far.

But my questions is now, how do I set up the Dante “Virtual Soundcard” + the “Dante Controller” for recording conserts from the GLD-80 into Pro Logic 9 (DAW) + playback + virtual soundcheck. I can’t find any guides or videos of how to set it all up also for recording into Logic on my Macbook Pro Retina 15″ 2.3 GHz i7 with 16GB of RAM?

How do I connect it all in the right way, also when I have the Linksys E2000 router. Should I connect it into that or what should I do to let it work in the very best way?

How do I set it up in Dante Controller and in Pro Logic 9 as well, when I am going to record concerts? So I need it both for recording and playback for virtual sound check. Would the setup in Dante controller only record the inputs or would it also record the DCA etc?

I have heard that GLD-80 is only operating in 48 KHz and not 44.1 KHz so i should set the setting in logic to 48 KHz, right?

Hope someone out there could help with a step by step guide, of how to set it all up in the very best way with all those information I have been given, to get a very good recording and for virtual sound check as well.

Looking

fkk

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

I can’t find it for you at the moment but there is a tutorial on YouTube for setting up Dante with the iLive stuff – I would imagine it’s very similar for the GLD80. Make sure you patch the outputs within the I/O screen on the GLD.

Also, consider sacking off Logic for recording – go for Reaper (it’s a lot skinnier and less processor intensive and also good for its resiliance across hard disks) and then take it into Logic for post processing.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Logic will record fine on your Mac. I have an older Macbookpro and can record 64 tracks to an external firewire800 drive. You will need a gigabit Ethernet connection however for higher track counts. Reaper does have simpler matrix routing of I/O to tracks. Connect your Mac via Ethernet cable to your router or direct to your dante card and turn off it’s airport wireless. Run Dante controller and your hardware should be discovered.
    Have a look at the ILive and Dante webinar videos here: https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/iLiveTrainingVideos.aspx?TOV=1&CatId=iLiveSeries&SID=36 Part 3 and 4 videos should be most useful even though you are on a GLD so there are differences.
    You can assign whatever audio signals you want to record from the GLD outputs screen however you can’t record a DCA as it is not an audio signal! A DCA is a control signal. Good luck!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Richard, any specific ext HDD recommendation? I got MacBook Pro 13″ (the pre Retina) version and internal HDD seems to be too slow for more than 32 ch recording.

ddff

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I picked up a second hand Lacie D2 Quadra 2tb drive and it has been great. Look for a high speed (7200rpm) high data rate drive with connection to suit your Macbookpro. I use FireWire 800 and either that, USB3 or Thunderbolt drives should have suitable throughput for high channel count audio recording.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.