Wireless Editor and iPad’s

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Wireless Editor and iPad’s

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Hi guys,

We had an issue over the weekend during our Easter services. In the past our techs have used an iPad2 or an laptop with Editor, without any issue. On the weekend the two techs tried to use both; one with the iPad2 in the congregation while the other was at FOH with Editor running wirelessly.

Every time the the Editor connected the iPad2 would drop. In the end the guys decided to use the iPad only.

I suspect the problem is the router. The one we are using is just one I had laying around at home and not a recommended one; it worked fine before so I didn’t see any point in buying a new one.

When I go in next I will try to troubleshoot this, but is there anything else it could be that I haven’t thought of? Could it be an IP address issue?

Cheers

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Bear

Hi guys,

We had an issue over the weekend during our Easter services. In the past our techs have used an iPad2 or an laptop with Editor, without any issue. On the weekend the two techs tried to use both; one with the iPad2 in the congregation while the other was at FOH with Editor running wirelessly.

Every time the the Editor connected the iPad2 would drop. In the end the guys decided to use the iPad only.

I suspect the problem is the router. The one we are using is just one I had laying around at home and not a recommended one; it worked fine before so I didn’t see any point in buying a new one.

When I go in next I will try to troubleshoot this, but is there anything else it could be that I haven’t thought of? Could it be an IP address issue?

Cheers

Could be both units(editor and ipad) had the same ip address…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

or the router is not a dual band router.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

or the router is not a dual band router.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

iPAD 2 can use either 2.4 or 5ghz…

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.