Inserting FX units on FX short returns

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Inserting FX units on FX short returns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pit Lenz Pit Lenz 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I noticed today that you can’t do this. It would be helpful for inserting reverb on a delay return or chorus on a reverb return etc. I know you can send a return into an FX mix but it would be nice to do inserts too, without using up input channels for the returns.

…I didn’t check if you can insert on the FX sends, can you?

Chris

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Chris,
    you can return an FX through a regular input channel. There you can insert another FX.
    Not in front of my console at the moment, but the system block diagram shows “other rack FX” as possible input for any of the eight FXs.
    Maybe that’s another solution?
    pit

edit:
    to answer your question, No, FX short sends do not have insert points.
    But If you use a regular aux send as an FX send ( which burns up one -or two if in stero- of your 20 mix busses), you’ll get an insert in a send bus ….

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pit Lenz

Not in front of my console at the moment, but the system block diagram shows “other rack FX” as possible input for any of the eight FXs.
    Maybe that’s another solution?
    pit

Do you think I could use for example FX short send 3 to FX rack 3 (Delay FX) > feed FX rack 5 (Reverb FX) from FX rack 3 and use FX return 5 as my delay return?

This is the next thing I’ll try when I’m at the console.

I can make it work by turning up the delay return in another reverb mix and then turning the return from that up in FOH but it seems like a bit of unnecessary mixing for what I want.

What other FX “combos” to people like? Anyone used the Moo(g) thing?

Chris

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

quote:

Do you think I could use for example FX short send 3 to FX rack 3 (Delay FX) > feed FX rack 5 (Reverb FX) from FX rack 3 and use FX return 5 as my delay return?

that’s how I read the signal diagram. Back at the console on wednesday, let’s see then…
    pit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.