USB Keyboards

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions USB Keyboards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Would it be possible to add support for USB keyboards in the USB ports? The touch screen is great for normal navigation of the console but for naming channels it’s a lot slower than typing on a keyboard.

Chris

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Off line / live editor please!

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

my apple USB keyboard works just fine with the GLD.
    But in order to confirm a new channel name, you will still have to press the green on-screen button instead of the keyboard’s return key. this slows down the process again.

@A&H people: maybe you might want to link the return and escape keys to the ok- and cancel- button, how’ bout that?
    pit

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It works? Cool! The typing is the only thing I don’t like anyway. I’m possibly in the minority though in that I haven’t used a touch screen I liked typing on.

Chris

Profile photo of Scottmcmurray
    Scottmcmurray
    Participant

Just curious if there’s an official word from Allen and Heath on keyboard support. Does anyone know if they say anywhere that it’s an officially supported feature, or if it currently just works by chance since it’s a computer?

May take this into consideration when planning a flightcase, so would like to know.

Scott

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

I can confirm that typing works, though you have to select the field on screen, and click OK/save/whatever after you’re done. It would be nice if the enter key and arrow keys worked.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It would be great if we could use the F# keys for colour too. [:)]

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.