IDR 32

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I have noticed the following issue on my idr32 recently.
    My Idr16 and IDR10 do not seem to have the same issue.

IDR32 has an AES board fitted.

If the IDR32 loses power, when it comes back on. It is not in the same state as when it powered. The physical outputs are not assigned to the same busses as they were before the power cycle. Nothing else has changed. It’s just the output assignment.

I do not have a scene set to recall on power up.

Any ideas?
    Is this related to the AES card?

I’m running 1.9 with a Dante card.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by millst

I have noticed the following issue on my idr32 recently.
    My Idr16 and IDR10 do not seem to have the same issue.

IDR32 has an AES board fitted.

If the IDR32 loses power, when it comes back on. It is not in the same state as when it powered. The physical outputs are not assigned to the same busses as they were before the power cycle. Nothing else has changed. It’s just the output assignment.

I do not have a scene set to recall on power up.

Any ideas?
    Is this related to the AES card?

I’m running 1.9 with a Dante card.

I know with some other brands of consoles there’s basically a watch battery inside that keeps the exact current settings stored during a power failure, not sure if iLive works this way though.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

I have experienced this one too on IDR48. It could seem it loads the patch settings from the previously loaded/activated scene, which could make sense, since the scene system has been changed. I believe mine starts up right, if I have saved it as a scene. This is a disaster to say the least. A&H must address this issue immediately!!

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

ok, thanks,
    glad I am not the only one and I have replicated in the following way.

If I load a scene, make a change to the output routing then power down. It loses the changes.
    However, if I load a scene, make a change, save the scene then power down, then it does not. I will raise a ticket for this now.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Question..

Do you have a dante card or the AES option?
    I need to confirm whether this is just related to these hardware options or whether it happens on any iLive.

Can someone please test who does not have a Dante card or the AES option.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

This is pretty scary, it happened to me during the middle of a show, lost power on stage and when it came back up, none of my monitors on stage were working. Luckily I figured out what it was very quickly and had it back up and running in less than a minute but if people were not aware of this, it could be a disaster.

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

I too have en AES card fitted in the rack, this must definitely be the cause. Please let me know about what you do, this is for me a nightmare scenario happening right in front of me!! Please A&H address this issue immediately!

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

One thing I find kind of strange though, is that usually I just power down the surface, and then cut the power to the rack, just the same as if it lost power from a power break. Usually it is problem free, problem seems to come if the power is cut to both the rack AND the surface, without choosing “power down surface”. Can you confirm this millst?

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Have you opened a support ticket with A&H?

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Yes, I have opened a ticket. number is #RGW-273-96156

They need a show file and I’ve been on the road with another mixer so a bit hard to get one.

I have had it occur in headless mode without a surface attached at all.

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Sh**… That is frightening [:0]

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Toby,

Just tried to replicate this in several ways with the iDR32 and editor. Couldn’t make it do it. No AES, but a MMO card installed. Even shutting the rack down with editor open wouldn’t do it.

P.S. Fly it up and drop it off the X8. Maybe that will fix it. [;)]
    Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

did you get any further?

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

yes, I have diagnosed the issue and have a workaround.

Only seems to occur on racks with the AES option.

It occurs when you load a show file that was created on 1.83 firmware.
    If you resave the file in 1.9 format then reload it, the issue does not occur.

I have replicated using multiple 1.83 show files eliminating the possibility of a corrupt file.

It appears, if the power is lost on an IDR with a 1.83 show loaded and you have the AES option installed, the Output assignments are reset to default when the power is restored.

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Brilliant!! Thanx a million!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.