Dear A&H (Recording mix)

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Dear A&H (Recording mix)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Volum Volum 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Still in the latest firmware update i see that if you recall Template L&R all the AUX-sends and ST-group sends are routed (set to “ON” and sendt) to the MTX-grops by default.

Now, the way I see it this will mess up the recordings (USB-two track) to users who are not aware of this, because all their monitor sends, IEM mixes, ST-group routings and so on will be recorded on to the USB, instead of just the MTX-Rec (Master out mix) which i think people assume they actually are recording..?

I have raised this issue before, and hoped this was fixed.
    If there is a reason for this setup that my thick head just don’t understand, please feel free to enlighten me, ’cause I just don’t get it :)

All the best!

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I noticed this too, but it isn’t an issue. Everything is assigned “ON” but the send levels aren’t turned up unless you “MIX” the MTX and turn them up in it.

Just like the matrix section on an analog console without having any of the knobs turned up.

Chris

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Thanks Chris. You are right, of course! Silly me.
    Now we can step it down a notch to Defcon 2, everyone: as you were :)

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.