USB-Routing

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions USB-Routing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Hi there,
    What ist the best way to route the USB-Output (Play sound from a usb-stick) to the board without using a RCA input.
    In my standard settup i have 2CD-Player which i would like to input on the back of my surface into the 2 Stereo RCA(chinch)-Inputs.
    As default the USB-Play-routing is set to the second RCA Inputs. Is there a possibility to use something like a spare stereo Matrix to route the USB-Play to it?
    I don’t like to waste any physical inputs of the surface or of the Racks (I own the AR2412 as well as the AR84).

Thx for your help!

GL2400 32CH ==> GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi eotsskleet,

You can reassign the USB playback to any pair of Input channels. Pick any two mono channels, navigate to their preamp screen, and choose USB 1 and USB 2 respectively as the source.

If you are using all the 48 Input channels, you can assign the USB playback to the External Input of the master LR or a Matrix, as you say. Open the Ext In screen and set USB 1/2 as the source. You’ll find a digital trim in the same screen.

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Yeah exactly i don’t like to use one of my 48 input-channels, so i will try the matrix-solution at the weekend!
    I remember tried to route the USB-Playback direct to the Main but the “trim-function” in form of a fader was what i missed!

So you would say that following would work:
    – assign usb-playback to external input of a spare stereo matrix
    – Route the Matrix to LR
    So i can adjust the usb-playback-volume by using the Stereo-Matrix-Fader!?

Thanks for reply!

GL2400 32CH ==> GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

A Matrix cannot be routed to LR. However a Group can. Assign USB 1/2 to a Stereo Group Ext In. Then the Group fader will control playback level to LR.

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.