iLive T80not recognizing USB stick

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive T80not recognizing USB stick

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 11 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KarlTL
    KarlTL
    Participant

Working with a system using a T80 surface. New to the iLive system but I’ve read every document and watched every training video and still cant sort out something that should be simple…

Have saved multiple shows. The venue has a USB stick that was given them by the system installer. I have several sticks of my own.

If I plug in their USB stick (it has nothing on it but a folder in the root directory named “allenheath”, the light on the stick flashes on but the touchscreen shows “no USB detected”. Got it to work by powering down the surface, installing the usb stick and powering up the surface but this seems pretty strange and extreme. USB’s supposed to be hot swappable (though there’s no “un-mount or remove USB button on the touch screen either).

When we saved show files to the venues USB stick I copied those from their stick to one of my own. I had other folders and files on my stick but I created an “allenheath” folder in the root directory of my stick to make it look the same as the original.

Was at the venue yesterday and tried plugging my stick in and the surface never see’s it (no usb detected on the show manager screen). Tried powering off/on the surface with the key installed but still doesn’t recognize it.

What am I missing here??? Any help appreciated.

Karl

Reference Point Recording
    Salt Lake City, Ut.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by KarlTL

Working with a system using a T80 surface. New to the iLive system but I’ve read every document and watched every training video and still cant sort out something that should be simple…

Have saved multiple shows. The venue has a USB stick that was given them by the system installer. I have several sticks of my own.

If I plug in their USB stick (it has nothing on it but a folder in the root directory named “allenheath”, the light on the stick flashes on but the touchscreen shows “no USB detected”. Got it to work by powering down the surface, installing the usb stick and powering up the surface but this seems pretty strange and extreme. USB’s supposed to be hot swappable (though there’s no “un-mount or remove USB button on the touch screen either).

When we saved show files to the venues USB stick I copied those from their stick to one of my own. I had other folders and files on my stick but I created an “allenheath” folder in the root directory of my stick to make it look the same as the original.

Was at the venue yesterday and tried plugging my stick in and the surface never see’s it (no usb detected on the show manager screen). Tried powering off/on the surface with the key installed but still doesn’t recognize it.

What am I missing here??? Any help appreciated.

Karl

Reference Point Recording
    Salt Lake City, Ut.

While I don’t remember the particulars, it was discussed in the past,https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1030&SearchTerms=USB some USB sticks either are not compatible with the iLive or don’t play well all the time …those that work well are usually sandisk and kingston to name a few..one thing you can do until you sort this out, is to start up an editor session and upload the show files from the computer’s USB port…..FYI the allenheath folder should contain 2 subfolders libraries and shows which in turn contain xml files….

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.