Plugins and iLive capabilities?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Plugins and iLive capabilities?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Albin Albin 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chung2jj
    chung2jj
    Participant

Hello All,

Quite new to using this digital board and wondering what my options are to use other digital compressors & EQ’s while mixing live sound with this board. Can you install any types of plug-ins beyond the 8 FX engines pre-installed?

Second question: more of a noob question, but is it possible to use mastering filters and plug ins to create a better live master output?

Thanks yall!

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

1 of all – no you cannot install any plugins on your Ilive.

You can use either the M-Waves Card along with an Waves Soundgrid Server or any Host with Plugins along with the Madi Card.
    Take a look on the thread of “Mumu” what he writes about his experiance with Dante.

The “normal” Dante Card is not recommended (in my opinion) for use with Plugins cause the latency is too much.

I would suggest – get a look on A&Hs Youtube Page – there is an Soundgrid Tutourial – or have a look on http://www.waveslive.com

The second question: yes its possible, but is that necessery? in smaller venues insert an multiband compressor does not work for me very well – because the Mics getting far more sensitive for feedbacks. At least for me.

I am running the M-Waves Card along with an Soundgrid Server and Waves Plugins. (For now only Waves PlugIns are supported, but Waves opened Soundgrid to 3rd Party Plugins now – so more should be coming).

Hope to help you a little.

Profile photo of chung2jj
    chung2jj
    Participant

Ok sweet. I’ll definitely start researching.

Any experience on certain plug-ins that work best for you?

Any help for a jump start would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

For me the SSL Plugins works very well, as well as the H-Comp (for Drums and Guitars) and the V-Comp (for Bass and Vocals).
    But i am shure there are many other Plugins as well that would work well.

But to make it straight: There is no need for plugins, cause the internal are very well build.

But if you want to – Soundgrid is an excellent option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.