Footswitch mute

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Footswitch mute

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’d like to add a foot switch control to my iLive T-112 for the talk back switch. It should be able to done fairly simply via MIDI but I’ve yet to try any of the midi functions. Can someone give me some guidance on how to do this, and could you also recommend a foot switch? Thanks!

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

It doesn’t look like the talk switch itself can be controlled by either MIDI or even the PL-Anet controllers. You can control talkback assignment via the PL series. It would be one mix per PL-xx switch.

It might be possible to lock or tape the talk switch down and use the PL-8 and toggle an assignment on and off via a footswitch but I’d ask A&H whether that would work before trying it as the PL-8 is a $300 item. The PL-8 has four switch inputs so you could assign 4 different mixes using those switch imputs, should this method be viable.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

Dave –

Perhaps run the mic through a switch.

https://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=245-1066&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Tim Tyler
    Detonator Sound
    Richmond, Va USA
    T112/48 R72/32 laptop iPad Dir-815 Dante

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sraymond

It might be possible to lock or tape the talk switch down ….

There is a setting where the talkback switch can be switched from push and hold to talk to push to enable the mic, then push again to disable the mic.

From the manual–
    “Latching Talk Switch -Set the Surface TALK switch for momentary or latching operation. Latched operation is convenient when you are using a microphone with built-in switch. In this case leave the TALK switch turned on.”

We have setup a couple of the soft keys to be used as an assignment for the talkback mic (house, aux1, aux 4, subgroup 8 for example) and then use the push to talk button to activate. This allows us one button push per assignment for however many assignments we wish to have.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Edit …I just looked it up and under the Surface Setup and Preferences tab you can find this selection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.