Extended ethernet communication with GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Extended ethernet communication with GLD

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jammiejammie jammiejammie 11 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jammiejammie
    jammiejammie
    Participant

Dear Engineers,

As the release of the ipad app brings a great way to control the GLD remote, as always…. We want more !!! [:D][:D][:D]

Presonus has developed the ultimate monitor mixing system with their “wheel of me” app.

I want to have this for the GLD system! Because I run 8 individual IEM mixes from the mixer, and a smart phone is almost in every bodies pocket, this would by a software thing. Essential would be that each user can only change their own mix!

If Allen and Heath doesn’t have plans to develop this kind of app, which I don’t think they are planning of doing, we need to get our hands dirty by ourselves.

One way to do this is using the provided TCP/IP midi functions. There is only one essential function missing… Getting the send levels.

Optionally receiving the signal level of a channel would also be nice.

So I have a few questions for the A&H Engineer(s) :
    1) Will there be an monitor mixing app of this kind in the near future for the GLD?
    2) Would it be possible to publish the UDP commands needed to set, receive, and other missing parameters that would be needed ?
    3) Would it be possible to get the signal levels ?

My intentions are to develop a small (hardware) webserver that would communicate with the GLD (netwerk). Users would login to the webserver and adjust their mix.

GLD all the way ;)

Profile photo of jmibk
    jmibk
    Participant

We are able to design a little App with Python for any platform, when we know how to control the gld console via ethernet.

Are there any informations about controlling the console via ehernet?

jammiejammie
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jmibk

We are able to design a little App with Python for any platform, when we know how to control the gld console via ethernet.

Are there any informations about controlling the console via ehernet?

This is exactly what i’m planning to do, except the complete ethernet control protcol isn’t provided by AH.

Alternative (exiting but time consuming) would be to go start snifing with wireshark ;)

GLD all the way ;)

jammiejammie
    Participant

I just want to bring this topic back into attention.

We realy would like some more details about the ethernet communication.
    The last resort would be to start using packet sniffers and see if we can read something from that…..

GLD all the way ;)

Profile photo of rmutchler
    rmutchler
    Participant

Check out the documents tab. There is a MIDI and TCP/IP Document on there.

https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?catId=GLDSeries&ProductId=GLD80&SubCatId=

jammiejammie
    Participant

Thank you for the link, but if you would read my first post:

quote:

Originally posted by jammiejammie

One way to do this is using the provided TCP/IP midi functions. There is only one essential function missing… Getting the send levels.

Optionally receiving the signal level of a channel would also be nice.

GLD all the way ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.