Digital signal processor

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Digital signal processor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GSLC-Tech GSLC-Tech 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

With our GL3300, we are using a DSP that takes 4 inputs and has 8 outs. The feeds go to our lobby and an overflow area.
    https://www.biamp.com/products/nexia/nexia_sp.aspx

There is software that allows you to EQ each output. I’m thinking this can all be done with the GLD. Maybe redundancy is a good thing, but rack space might become a premium, AR2412 and 2x AR84’s will be located back at the booth.

If we only use the GLD for this functionality, the AUX sends would have to be included with every scene, correct? Oh and just double checking, each AUX can have it’s own EQ, correct?

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

yes you could do this if you have enough outs available for other things on the GLD and yes each out can have an eq and yes, they would need to be part of every scene….

BUT I assume you are taking the main outs of the 300 to the DSP? Or were you using Matrix outputs? The DSP may still be the easiest way to do this or use Matrix outputs on the GLD.

Many options, but keep it simple. If the current DSP works fine, it still might be the best solution.

Just my $0.01 worth.

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

The mains are going to the DSP.

On our GL3300 we mains, 4 auxs for monitor mixes, 2 auxs for FX, 1 aux for recording and have a spare. Generally we do not use the matrixes. I think there may be a total of 2 people that know the nexia software even exists, so it’s nice that people can’t touch the room EQ. Maybe I can lock down the room EQ and other EQ settings using an admin account. So much to learn!

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.