some questions about the new app

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions some questions about the new app

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

first of all, thank you A&H for this piece of software! and for make it free, too ;)
    just a few questions:
    1. is there any advantage on using DHCP instead of static IP? in terms of stability, bootup or whatever…
    2. custom1 and custom2 layers: I don’t understand if they are stored somewhere and if there’s any particular relationship with mixer show memories.
    3. this is a request: I think it would be very handy to have id sockets on setup strips, or even better, a graphical representation like the i/o mixer page.

Regards
    Massimo

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Massimo,

1) Out of the box the GLD comes with static IP address allocation. What works well for a lot of people is leaving the console alone on static’s, but also using a DHCP lease pool for iPads / Laptops. This has the advantage that if the router is absent the desk will still boot, and means you don’t have to worry about statically allocating multiple ipads / laptops. You have to make sure the 2 address ranges don’t overlap though. So typically you’d start your DHCP lease pool at 192.168.1.100 and have say 100 addresses in the pool. This approach gives you the best of both worlds.

2) Custom 1 and 2 are stored on the iPad only. They’re intended for the iPad operator to have their own view of the console – independent of the banks / layers on the hardware.

3) We’ll add it to the list.

Cheers

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

I would not run the desk as a DHCP client. If for some reason a DHCP server is unavailable, your desk will take a couple extra minutes to boot while it’s looking for the DHCP server. Setting the desk to be statically assigned prevents this condition.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.