New Firmware

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexeltw Rexeltw 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything about the next firmware?

Yes, I know 1.9x is what, 3 months old? Just to be clear, I’m not trying to belittle or take things for granted. I just want to spark a discussion.

Not looking for wishlists. Looking for rumors and teasers. Not to put too fine a point on it :)

TTFN —

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Heard that there will be an Ilive 2.0 HARDWARE first.

Profile photo of jeffs7
    jeffs7
    Participant

Really? Do you have any idea what this hardware 2.0 will entail? Having just bought a new iLive system a month ago, this is a little disappointing.

~Jeff

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

Don’t worry jeff, I think it’s a long way off.
    I think they are working on other Projects.
    Like lower budget digital boards.

Jim

R72 & IDR32
    MacBook pro

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

hmm that’s a whole new topic, if you ran A&H what’d you make?

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Jim, you may have just bought yours, but I’ve owned an iLive since 2007.
    6 Years is quite an impressive product life for a digital product so it wouldn’t be surprising to see a new hardware revision announced at some point over the next 12 to 18 months.

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

As v1.9 already required fixed format iLive’s to be upgraded to a new DSP I can’t see version 2 coming along at any time soon. A&H are working on the replacement for the board so I imagine that and the baby GLD will be their priorities for the moment.

As Millst said the boards been around a long time now and I doubt A&H will want to put their brand in a position where half the fixed format boards run one firmware with a new DSP but the others that can afford or can’t justify it are running another. Quite frankly that would be a bit of a joke. Plus unlike changing the modular DSP, changing the fixed format iDR’s DSP would be a case off job which is going to scare the average school/church/end user so it would mean that the service centres would probably be on overtime!

Only my opinion but I’d rather they worked on the replacement than kept squeezing more out of an old processor

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.