Two AR2412 Stage boxes

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Two AR2412 Stage boxes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of seagull
    seagull
    Participant

Is there a way to link two AR2412 Stage boxes Stage Left and Stage right?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can’t do that, but you could put an AR2412 on one side and 2 AR84’s on the other side. You’d need 2 Cat5 cables as one would be plugged into the AR2412 and the other would be plugged directly into the console.

Chris

Profile photo of seagull
    seagull
    Participant

Thanks,
    I understand the initial. Setup. We are currently using the complete system The reason I asked is we were told when we purchased the system that we would be able to use 2 24 channel stage boxes in tandem. Nice thought for a permanent installation

Profile photo of smorgan223
    smorgan223
    Participant

I’m going to think outside the box a little. I would think this might be possible when utilizing an ACE option card since the ARXXXX stage boxes talk the ACE language. Just a thought. I however do not have a way to test this as I don’t have a console.

Profile photo of seagull
    seagull
    Participant

The curious thing is the sends work on the second stage box. It does not recognize the inputs.
    It is a permanent installation and we ran everything including the power amp location based on using two. Now we are scrambling under the stage and elsewhere to relocate the inputs and sends.
    I questioned our salesman several times leading up to the install why I could find no diagrams or backup on this configuration. He assured me that it was possible only to come out after it was set up that he must have been misinformed.

Thanks for the suggestion on a possible solution.

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Quite honestly, even in installations, i like to leave all my inputs on one side and run a sub snake to the other. That way, any extra patching as well as trouble shooting is done on only one side of the stage.

Just my2cents

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

AR2412’s use D-snake not ACE so I’m not sure using expansion port with an ACE card would work in this case. You can do this on an iLive with dual rack mode but I doubt GLD will ever be able to run two 2412’s without hardware adjustment

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of seagull
    seagull
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gilparente

Quite honestly, even in installations, i like to leave all my inputs on one side and run a sub snake to the other. That way, any extra patching as well as trouble shooting is done on only one side of the stage.

Just my2cents

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of seagull
    seagull
    Participant

That is the new configuration. It is just a pain having to re-run the. Cat5 from the mix location to the opposite side of the stage. We have to pull the unusable stage box from the video rack and put the 84 in it’s place. Correct information at the design phase would have changed the layout and a lot of labor.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Just to clarify………We are very pleased with the system.
    GLD80.
    Aviom monitor system
    2412 and 2- 88 expanders
    Nexo vertical array 3- geo s1210 1- 1230 per side
    4 Nexo s-15 subs mounted under stage apron
    Nxamp 4×4. Power amp.

quote:

Originally posted by seagull

quote:

Originally posted by gilparente

Just my2cents

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by seagull

That is the new configuration. It is just a pain having to re-run the. Cat5 from the mix location to the opposite side of the stage. We have to pull the unusable stage box from the video rack and put the 84 in it’s place. Correct information at the design phase would have changed the layout and a lot of labor.

Sorry you had this trouble. I’m not sure where your sales person got that wrong information. I followed the GLD from the very first teaser in Dec. 2011 and the dual AR2412 config was never mentioned; in fact A&H was very specific in the configurations that would be supported.

Make this person buy you and your team a nice meal for your trouble.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.