GLD Compatibility with iDR-48

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD Compatibility with iDR-48

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pskohler89
    pskohler89
    Participant

I’ve seen diagrams that show it’s possible to connect both the iLive T112 and the GLD-80 series boards to one iDR-48 MixRack, and also use the ME Personal Monitoring system via daisy-chain. My church is about to launch an extension service, which will be inheriting our current sound system as we begin to upgrade the current system we have. What we eventually want to do is run a system that has a FOH board (T112), Monitor board (GLD), and ME Personal system. However, we are still currently mobile and won’t need a system that large right away, so we were hoping to do it in stages. In order to save a few bucks we wanted to get the GLD-80 for FOH, the iDR-48 MixRack, and the ME system.

Will this work? I know the GLD is compatible with an iDR MixRack, but I’ve only seen it with an iLive T112 also in the system. Will the GLD work with the MixRack on its own via the ACE slot, or does it NEED an iLive surface to work properly? Also, if the ME personal monitor system is daisy-changed each controller still works independently, correct? All that you need to do is power them via the power supply, right?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

The GLD can’t control the mixrack, need a computer or the T112 to do that.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

If you put a dante card in both the GLD and the iDR could you feed the GLD from the iDR48 sockets? You’d have to use a computer for preamp control.

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.