Remote Shutdown

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Remote Shutdown

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dshriver dshriver 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a feature to power down a ilive mixrack and surface remotely.

Problem: At my church we have a number of groups that use our facilities. Often they forget shut down the system, often it is left on from Sunday until Wednesday. We have shown them the procedure many times now but it still happens. The strange thing is that they power down the amps, but leave the ilive going.

So, is there anyway that I can check remotely whether the system has been left on and then shut it down?

Cheers.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

The easy way is to connect iLive to internet over VPN and try to ping it.
    Not sure if there’s a remote shutdown possible as you still have to tur it off by pressing the latching switch.

ddff

Profile photo of andreher
    andreher
    Participant

An relay server over web :
    https://www.gce-electronics.com/en/57-ipx800-v300.html
    8x Relay (250v/ 10A / channel)

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

You would need to shut down the screen first.
    It is possible to SSH to the screen and shut it down with the “shutdown now” command.

Personally, is this a big deal though. I have iLives in installs that run 24x7x365.
    Computer gear is most reliable when it is left running, its actually during start up that it is most likely to fail. I’d just leave it running.

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

millst: What did you have to do to get ssh working on your ilive? Mine keeps refusing my connection. Did you have to run anything on the touchscreen?

T112/Dual:iDR32-iDR48/Dante
    MacBook Pro/iDR16/Dante
    T112/iDR48/Dante
    T112/iDR32
    Mac Mini/Dante (Backing Tracks)
    Mac Pro/Dante (Multitracking)
    2 iPads w/ MixPad

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Through the iLive there is no way to do a remote power on/off. However, with the addition of other equipment it is of course possible. I do a remote power with my iLive system. The mixrack is connected to my Middle Atlantic Power Sequencer. I can remotely turn the sequencer on and off via a contact closure relay. In my system, that relay is controlled via logic outputs on my BSS system DSP. The DSP is controllable via ethernet. All my AV gear is on its own network without internet access. So the final link is a computer with two network cards. One card for the AV network, the other for the house internet network. I then use remote desktop to that system, log into the control for the system DSP and can then send a power up or power down command to the sequencer. This turns on/off most of the AV equipment (amps, assisted listening, video system, iLive, etc).

That’s probably way more complicated than what you want to do though.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Through the iLive there is no way to do a remote power on/off. However, with the addition of other equipment it is of course possible. I do a remote power with my iLive system. The mixrack is connected to my Middle Atlantic Power Sequencer. I can remotely turn the sequencer on and off via a contact closure relay. In my system, that relay is controlled via logic outputs on my BSS system DSP. The DSP is controllable via ethernet. All my AV gear is on its own network without internet access. So the final link is a computer with two network cards. One card for the AV network, the other for the house internet network. I then use remote desktop to that system, log into the control for the system DSP and can then send a power up or power down command to the sequencer. This turns on/off most of the AV equipment (amps, assisted listening, video system, iLive, etc).

That’s probably way more complicated than what you want to do though.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.