Console Crash – Possible corrupt template

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Console Crash – Possible corrupt template

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rorikx rorikx 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I upgraded our console a few weeks ago when the new firmware came out. Today after our service, i recalled a scene for our Wed night setup and the console did not respond. I tried a few other scenes but the desk did not recall anything, even though in the Scene List it appeared like it was recalled. I have scene confirmation on and it was triggered via a soft key.
    after a few tries the console screen whacked out and then I get an IO error. Reboot – (console came up saying it was not shut down properly) and my scenes still did not load in correctly. I recalled the default template in the memory manager and then reloaded my template but my scenes did not recall correctly. I had to bring the template back in from a USB key and they came back.
    It appears my template file got corrupt somehow. this is only after about 8 hours total console on time after the firmware upgrade.
    My faith in this console went down from 80% to 50%. Should I reload the firmware?

Error was “end request IO Error, dev sda, sector 1741632”

Thanks
    Gary

Tried uploading a pic of the error but site came back with internal error

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

That message indicates the system is having trouble reading from the hard drive. It’s either corruption that could be fixed by formatting the drive, or a defect that will require replacing the drive. You should contact A&H service – this is a problem with your particular unit and not a software bug.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Thanks. I will contact them tomorrow. I was wondering if a compact flash card (if it uses those) went bad.

Gary

Profile photo of rorikx
    rorikx
    Participant

I have a similar problem.

In a one work my gld gets a fáil.

When i store a custom scene my gld have a respring. This problem happend in a at various times

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi rorikx,

There is a known issue in GLD V1.10 firmware that we are currently working on. Some scenes, with names consisting of 14 characters (which is the maximum number of letters you can name a scene) can cause the GLD to crash and reboot if you store or paste into these scenes.

We will be fixing this in the next GLD maintenance release, but for the time being you can avoid this problem by re-naming any of your scenes to 13 characters or less.

We are very sorry for any trouble this may have caused, and hope to be releasing the new firmware soon.

If you experience any other problems or issues, please contact A&H Technical Support (https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/pages/support.aspx).

AndyH
    A&H

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Thanks Andy for the heads up on the scene names. that may solve rorikx’s issue but I still think mine is a problem with the flash because it did destroy scenes in my onboard template before it crashed and my scene names were not that long.

Profile photo of rorikx
    rorikx
    Participant

Yes the problem happend when i overwrite a scene whit a long name.
    Thanks for the reply.

Regards!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.