Screen sensitivity

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Screen sensitivity

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

Hey guys,

Has anyone else’s screen sensitivity been reduced, or even slightly askew since the new firmware update?

My screen has become highly insensitive meaning i have to press the biuttons on screen a lot harder than previously, andin addition I almost have to aim my finger a few millimetres beneath the buttons on screen as opposed to straight on top of the buttons.

It’s reduced it’s ease of use at speed for me as I now have to think more about whether or not I am pressing hard enough – some times 5-6 attempts for one button.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Jonny

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi Jonny, have you tried recalibrating the touch screen using the Setup / Utility / Calibration menu? It is worth recalibrating the screen and the faders after doing a firmware update.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I found the same thing. Doing 2 or 3 recalibrations helped but it’s not as fast as it was before.

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Noticed that as well. Haven’t tried re-calibrating the screen, yet.

Me too. I have large fingers and it I making it really tough on me. Recalibrating hasn’t made a significant difference for me.

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR840

Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

Now that you mention it, probably so. I just thought I was sitting at a weird angle and not pushing where I thought I was on the screen. And I believe I did recalibrate already.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Fat fingers here also. Consider getting one of those styluses with the rubber tips (smaller the better). Greatly improved my GLD80 experience.

quote:

Originally posted by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

Me too. I have large fingers and it I making it really tough on me. Recalibrating hasn’t made a significant difference for me.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Thank you for posting.

I haven’t done the firmware update yet (it’s on my calender for tomorrow night) but I may wait for 1.02.1

What do you guys think? I won’t have an Ipod to use for another week or so anyway.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’d do the update. 3 recalibrations got it close enough to be entirely usable, just not quite as good. Depends if you’ve had issues with the USB crash, you’d benefit from better scene management or you want more GEQ types.

Was anything knowingly changed in 1.1 regarding the touchscreen?

Chris

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

OK, will try another recalibration.
    It’s like this on two desks now – both of which were perfect before the update :-(

Lets see how this goes.
    I had it out last night, and it just makes the board so difficult to use now – I am going to call Tech team on Monday if this hasn’t helped.

Thanks guys, keep the feedback coming – A&H will appreciate it for diagnosis I am sure!
    Jonny

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I have a GLD back to perfect now after doing 9 or 10 recalibrations. I was actually using it for about half an hour before I remembered there was supposed to be a problem. :)

…then I recalibrated it again. :)

Chris

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.