New Firmware

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions New Firmware

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RYAN-LOUDMUSIC-JENKINS RYAN-LOUDMUSIC-JENKINS 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

My understanding is that all snake modules are automatically updated to the current firmware when an outdated version is recognized. Just turn the snakes on and reboot the GLD and they should update.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by prophetsquirrel

My understanding is that all snake modules are automatically updated to the current firmware when an outdated version is recognized. Just turn the snakes on and reboot the GLD and they should update.

Thanks for the info. makes me feel a little better!

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

All good here!
    Yes – the rta on Top of the EQ feature is nice too!

It installs VERY quickly indeed – couldn’t believe how fast it was installed – must have been like about 5 seconds!

Now for the app to come – so I wonder what way the wireless will connect to the desk!
    Thanks!

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

quote:

Originally posted by prophetsquirrel

This is correct. The racks are up- (or down-) graded automatically when connected to the GLD. This should take less than 10 seconds per rack.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jonnyweston

All good here!
    Now for the app to come – so I wonder what way the wireless will connect to the desk!

I’m guessing you’ll need to plug in a wireless router to the network port on the back… unless A&H have snuck one in there?

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Because the system is stable (no freezes since December), everybody is happy with it’s week to week performance and:

*I don’t want to spend an afternoon recalibrating the touch screen
    *I want to install the version with the 14 character and other
    scene save issues
    *I don’t need to have the ipad app to get from one week to the next

I’m keeping 1.02 and waiting to update until 1.1.x is available.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

quote:

Originally posted by bigbean

I’m keeping 1.02

You are missing out on a lot of good stuff. I have tons of shows on my GLDs and they don’t lock up. I use the USB recording and playback. I have an iPad connected with no latency issues.

I don’t save shows with 14 characters and I don’t have DHCP enabled. It really s that simple.

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR840

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.