Modular upgrade question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Modular upgrade question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

In trying to get a price for the rack extra2 card for upgrading to v1.9 on our iLive 144, I have been told by my dealer that his rep states the upgrade has to be purchased and installed by the service center. This didn’t sound right and I was just wondering if others have done the upgrade themselves or if they did in fact have to have a service center do it.

It is after hours now and my schedule tomorrow won’t allow me to contact them to be sure they are talking about the right upgrade. I am thinking they may be referring to the digital out upgrade which is not what I am looking for.

Thanks for the responses in advance.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

this is rubbish.

I installed the upgrade myself.
    I also recently installed the AES upgrade option in my IDR32 which requires completely dis-assembling the entire rack.
    Of course its out of warranty now so less of an issue.

The rack extra 2 upgrade card simply pops out and you put the new one in. Its easier installing a Dante or Ace card and the card comes with an idiot proof user guide.

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Millst, you confirmed what I was thinking. I presumed that if they were puting the installation instructions in the release notes that it should be user installable.

After re-reading my post, yet again, I realized that I implied the card goes in the surface. What I meant to say was in the iDr10, not in 144.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Toby is correct I did my upgrade too, just follow the instructions and all is fine.[8D]

Ian B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.