Read-Only protection of shows

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Read-Only protection of shows

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GLDAlistair GLDAlistair 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GLDAlistair
    GLDAlistair
    Participant

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I get it wrong…

We’ve recently installed a GLD-80 in our Church and were getting on really well with it. We’ve set up three users – one for occasional users who just want to play a CD or run a talk with a couple of mics, one for regular sound team members and an admin account.

I want non-admin users to be able to recall shows but not overwrite or delete them. Can that be done?

We use 2 shows, one for our morning service and one for the evening. The two services are wired up totally differently. Don’t ask!

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

Yes. We do the exact same thing.

Login to the admin account. Go to Setup > Config > User Profiles. Select the user you want to change and press “Set Permissions”. I believe it’s under the Memories tab that you can disable the ability to overwrite scenes.

On a further note, does anyone know of a way to make it so users can not even pull up anything other than their default scene? This would be helpful for us as well.

GLDAlistair
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve had a look at that. I can see how to stop them doing anything at all with shows (store, overwrite, recall) but not how to allow recall and disable the other functions. Am I missing something?

Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

I have accounts where I’ve disabled every user option possible, and it still seems to allow recalling of scenes.

GLDAlistair
    Participant

Great. I will try that. Does that work for shows as well as scenes?

Profile photo of Dancing-Frank
    Dancing-Frank
    Participant

Got fixed in Firmware 1.1. Have a look! (At least the Scene Recall thing)

GLDAlistair
    Participant

Haven’t upgraded to 1.1 yet but from the release notes it looks like scenes work a lot better but not shows. If I set an account with no Show Manager privs then that user can’t overwrite shows but can’t recall them either. I’d like them to be able to recall a saved show but not overwrite it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.