Recommended Router to use w / ver. 1.9

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Recommended Router to use w / ver. 1.9

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abeness abeness 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rpaine59
    rpaine59
    Participant

I’m just getting on board with MixPad and OneMix. However I see the Allen Heath recommends the Cisco 1262N Wireless Access Point for the new 1.9 ver. firnware which is $800.00.

I’m looking for OTHER recommendations for routers that work well with ver. 1.9 and are more afordable

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Here you go : https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Router_Compatibility.pdf

The 1262N is only necessary if you connect a lot of iPads at once.
    It’ s also better to keep the connection.

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

rpaine59
    Participant

Ya I read the chart but it says at the top for the chart iLive firmware ver. 1.8

rpaine59
    Participant

Thanks for your reply…….

I got no problem getting the D-Link but I just wanted to hear what is being used out there with good results w /ver. 1.9

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I’m using a D-Link DIR825 wireless router and have used this with V1.9 and earlier versions. The only problem I have found is that Multicast didn’t work correctly however this is no longer an issue as multicast is’nt used with V1.9 It is also a gigabit router so can be used to distribute the Dante network.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by rpaine59

I’m just getting on board with MixPad and OneMix. However I see the Allen Heath recommends the Cisco 1262N Wireless Access Point for the new 1.9 ver. firnware which is $800.00.

I’m looking for OTHER recommendations for routers that work well with ver. 1.9 and are more afordable

Yes, anything will work now, as there’s no more multicast. Look for routers that have good reviews of signal strength and robust-ness but as multicast has been replaced with udp its more compatible.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Ive been running the NETGEAR N900 Dual Band Router on my demo rig for about a year now and it works great.

They are about $150 at Best Buy, it transmits in both 2.5GHz and 5gHz so your iPhone will also work with Tweak.

If you want some more distance, you can get range extenders.

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Relatively new to an iLive T112/iDR-32 here, and just upgraded to 1.9. Has anyone tried to use the new non-multicast MixPad 1.9 on an 802.11g/100Base-T router? I’ve always been delighted with the rock-solid stability (zero drops and months and months of uptime) of the now ancient Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware. It may be a dinosaur, but its reliability is unbeatable, and now that multicast is no longer necessary, I have hope. There will be just one iPad on the system, nothing particularly fancy.

Thanks,

Abe Hendin

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Turns out I had an old WRT54GL lying around, and MixPad 1.9 works perfectly with our iDR-32/T112 on wireless-G. I’m running DD-WRT firmware v24-sp2 (build 13064), with WPA2 Personal security. GLORIOUS!

And while I initially thought it was not possible to adjust input routing to AUX channels (monitors), I just found that. SUPER AWESOME!

Abe Hendin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.