Cat5 cable

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Does anybody know where I can get some of that nice purple Klotz cable at a not so ridiculous price… I want a 10cm interconnect between my AR2412 and AR84…?

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

Good luck,

It’s all hyper expensive to be honest.
    I shopped and for two weeks for it – and cheapest I could find for it was A&H themselves.

Call A&H and ask if they have any off its, but I have a feeling they might get prefab reels made up for them.

Cheers,
    Jonny

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

We just demo’d a GLD and there was a cable included with the AR84 (was longer than 10cm). If you did not get one, I’d suggest calling your dealer and/or rep.

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

I did get cables, but I just wanted a short bit to connect the two in the rack. I haven’t got space to fit the cable in when the lid is shut :-/

Seems criminal to butcher one of the included cables…

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I am not sure if you are aware or not but I found out that with normal network use they say that you should not make Cat5 / 6 cables any shorter than 3 ft. It has some negative effect on signal transfer. I do not know if it has the same effect with these systems or not but I would presume it does.

Here is one reference I found:
    https://www.prosoundweb.com/article/how_to_assemble_and_terminate_ethernet_cable/

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.