PEQ Rotary Slip

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions PEQ Rotary Slip

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of prisz79 prisz79 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thad
    Thad
    Participant

Ever since I got my GLD 80 I have noticed that when I push down any of the four PEQ rotary dials on the surface in order to adjust the Q setting for that band I usually experience a slip where the bandwidth stops being adjusted and instead sweeps to a different frequency. It seems like the console has trouble recognizing when the rotary is being pushed down so it glitches back and forth between changing the Q and changing the frequency.

Has anyone else had this issue? It happens on all four rotaries and it’s been happening since the console was brand new.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It just sounds like you aren’t pushing hard enough. There will be a certain threshold of pressure where the knob goes from sweep mode to Q mode, if the pressure you’re appplying is very close to that threshold, and varies slightly, that could cause the problem.

I haven’t noticed that I need to push what I would consider very hard though.

Chris

Profile photo of Thad
    Thad
    Participant

Unless I really mash it down it switches back and forth. The threshold is way past when the knob physically clicks into the depressed position.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Fair enough. Given that this sounds like a physical issue with something not properly making contact it may be worth contacting A&H, or your distributor etc. If it’s not being sorted by restarting the console it’s unlikely to be software related.

Chris

Profile photo of prisz79
    prisz79
    Participant

Thad-
    I received your e-mail last night and have responded to you this morning. I would like to come check out the console and see what we can do to remedy your issue. I look forward to hearing from you!

Ray

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.