Waves card with ME U

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Waves card with ME U

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grandmusik
    grandmusik
    Participant

I am very happy to see a personal monitor system from A&H. It looks like great product!!!

I have used the Roland M48´s and really likes the system, this seams to be a lot like it!

The only thing is B port cards…

Is it possible to connect the ME U to a Wavescard in the IDR? If not direct, can you put another Waves in the ME U?

Or can i Put a ACE card in IDR48 and buy a XDR and put my Waves in there?

Or do have to cut out a hole in my IDR to fit another Card [:)]

T112, IDR48, I-pad, Madi card, Waves card.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi

Unfortunately you cannot use a Waves card in the ME-U as Waves SoundGrid does not transport clock data at present. Me-U can take Dante, EtherSound, MADI, and of course ACE/dSNAKE & Aviom.

As you say, you can fit an ACE card in the iDR and a Waves card in an xDR-16 (which would be limited to 48in 64out). Then use Link 2 on the ACE card to connect ME-1.

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of grandmusik
    grandmusik
    Participant

Thansks Nicola.

Just wunder, why is there a limit in the signalflow 48ch and 64ch?

//Fredrik

T112, IDR48, I-pad, Madi card, Waves card.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi grandmusik

This is because 16 of the 64 inputs available from the Master Port B ACE card are used up by the 16 analogue inputs on the xDR-16, leaving 48 that can be taken from the xDR-16 Port B. On the outputs side, the same signal can go to multiple outputs, so the 64 Master Port B ACE outputs are all sent to the xDR-16 Port B slot. Eight of these 64 will overlap with the 8 XLR outputs on the xDR-16.

Hope that helps.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.