Only 8 Channels on imac via Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Only 8 Channels on imac via Dante

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jabney jabney 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jabney
    jabney
    Participant

The Dante Controller only shows 8 imac slots available although the full complement of Brooklyn 2 slots is there. It does pass signal. And I tried patching slot 1 on the imac to both input 1 and input 9 on the ilive, and that worked too, so the ilive/Dante side seems to be OK.

One problem is that while it does pass signal using playback in Reaper, it’s only on imac slots 1 and 2. Reaper shows “2/2” at the top of the window, and the ‘check boxes’ for the ‘Routing Matrix’ don’t show up on the imac to allow me to change this. I had to leave before I could research this in depth so that could well be ‘pilot error.’

Problem two is the hard limit of 8 that shows in the Dante Controller. I’m guessing it’s some sort of arbitrary limit in OS X that needs to be changed, but how? A search online didn’t yield any answers other than to max out the RAM.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. PCs I know. Macs, not so much. However the only PC available is a Rambus-based DSP-card box that multitracks like a champ but is not dual core.

thanks,

john

PS, The Dante Virtual Soundcard is installed as a trial version on an imac running OS X 10.8 (don’t want to spend the token until we see that this particular imac is up to the job).

Strange that a harp of thousand strings should keep in tune so long

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Check your DVS is set to the number of channels you want (Advance tab).

T112, R72, iDR48 w/M-DANTE (2), PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro/PT10
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of jabney
    jabney
    Participant

Thanks. That was there and has now been upped to 32. Gotta try it now.

best,

john

quote:

Originally posted by clarocque

Check your DVS is set to the number of channels you want (Advance tab).

Strange that a harp of thousand strings should keep in tune so long

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.