Copying and Pasting a layer.

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Copying and Pasting a layer.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I’d like to use one of the layers for the wireless systems. Is there a way to save a layer and drop it back in. We could make it a standard that the wireless are always on layer ‘A’, choirs on layer ‘B’, vocals on layer ‘C’ and instruments on layer ‘D’, but that seems to remove some of the flexibility I expected out of a digital board. Maybe that’s the typical way to run things.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

I don’t think there’s any way to save one layer of fader assignments, no.

All of the fader assignments get saved with each scene. I’m not sure what you’re trying to do here, but why won’t setting up a few scenes with different layouts of the faders work?

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Some of our bands switch members (and number of members) each Sunday, so I thought a tech would start with a ‘clean slate’ at rehearsal. Then on Sunday, past all the the wireless into a different layer.

Seems like the best method is to have a ‘stock’ setup reserving layer ‘A’ and ‘B’ for the band, layer ‘C’ for the wireless and ‘D’ for miscellaneous things like a choir. Once that is done, the tech can just save things.

I was hoping techs could have flexibility which layers they could use for each set of channels and do it very quickly.

I really appreciate the help, we are demo’ing the board and this is our first venture into digital.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Have a dig into the strip assign page and the scene recall filters. You may be able to make it do what you want with those.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.