Saving EQs for a particular person

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Saving EQs for a particular person

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jonnyweston jonnyweston 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Our Pastors share wireless systems and I wanted to get each of the EQ and save that EQ for another Sunday. That way I would drop in their EQ into one of the channels. Is there an easy way to save and recall EQ settings for a particular person. If not, can it be done with an iLive?

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It’s on the screen in front of you. The library section. You can also save the entire channel strip as a library item.

Have you watched these videos?
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/GLDTrainingVideos.aspx?TOV=3&CatId=GLDSeries&SID=52

Chris

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I’ll take a look at libraries.

Yes, I have watched the videos and some of them multiple times. I have found the videos some what useful, but as you can tell still have many questions. We found a couple of YouTube videos that were helpful.

We are new to the digital world and are only demo’ing the board for 2 weeks. If we go with this board, I will be in charge of training my other techs. I have never touched another digital board, maybe this board is more intuitive than others. I need to make a recommendation as to whether we purchase this board – it’s not cheap and I’m trying to be a good steward with the church’s money.

I really don’t have time to dig through 100 page manuals and was told by our rep the best way to learn is just dig in. That’s what I’m trying.

Last note, I had the chance to checkout several boards at an expo in Chicago. We have respect for A&H and it was one of the front runners. Yamaha and SoundCraft were also attractive.

I appreciate your expertise and answers to my posts. Let me know if you think this is not the venue for my very basic types of questions. Maybe I should talk to my rep for some sort of training.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

Best way I find is to retain settings for the entire channel strip,

I.e. Pre-amp, Gate, Peq, Compressor,

Select your channel, then go to overview tab,
    Look to bottom right of window,
    Tap on “library”,
    Then choose “store new”,

It’s as easy as that really.

You could save individual dynamics and EQ files if you like, but it just takes twice the time to recall each setting, and then you still don’t get the pre-amp recalled.

Try that. Works for me.
    JW

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

jonnyweston
    Participant

We use the LS9-32 in church.

By comparison it is archaic compared to the GLD80, particularly in the realms of recalling presets,if that’s what you need.

You have to go through separate recalls to build your preset again I.e. dynamics and EQ are both seperate libraries and we can’t find a way of actually capturing a channel strip like on the GLD80 or even the presonus desks.

Wouldn’t spend the money on the Yamaha if it were me.
    Cheers
    JW

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’ve found the best thing to do is to just spend time messing about with the console in a non important environment so that it doesn’t matter if something unexpected happens. How long can you keep it for before deciding?

There will be a learning curve with any console you choose really. What features do you need? I recently chose a GLD for our church and it’s working really well for us.

What I might do in your pastor wireless situation is to feed two channels (pastor 1 and pastor 2) from the same input socket (the receiver). This would let you have a separate channel for each pastor without even having to save or recall anything, just push up the appropriate fader. [;)]

The screen reference guide includes almost everything you would need to know. It’s only 44 pages and lots of that is images. This is absolutely a good place to ask questions, but the screen guide might be able to answer some of them a lot more quickly for you.

[:)]

Chris

jonnyweston
    Participant

Chris is right.

Get a USB key fired into the desk right, then make a recording vocally of your pastor, and even if you don’t feel that you get it right on the day, you always have a recording from USB, which when played back through the dedicated USB channel of the desk on the 4th layer (or wherever you it it)

You can tweak your settings a title more – and have a play “off line” with this material, giving by something more to play with, and o help aid your decision. Bear in mind that the recording will be two channel only so it’s best to do only for the vocal part to get you some material, but none the less – worth doing.

The GLD is a churches dream. As easy to use (almost) as a presonus studio live – but with a maaaaasive amount more capability and more industry standard expansion.

I am very happy with A&H gear, and I haven’t even used it in anger yet LOL!
    First thing is this coming weekend.

JW

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You could even do that recording from the channel direct out. [:)]
    That would get you the signal just after the A to D converter and before the channel strip.

What you can do then is temporarily change the pastor channel input source to the usb drive and spend as long as you like getting the settings right.

(Then remember to change the input source back before next Sunday… [:D]

Chris

jonnyweston
    Participant

Indeed! That’s what completely overlooked mentioning, but essential to the idea.
    Well spotted chris!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.