Scene saving

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Scene saving

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Another newbie question. We made 3 scenes today and stored and then powered down. Powered up and found that the names were still there, but could only the last scene was shown. I hit recall and nothing changed. A little disappointed as we spent a while getting things set up.

Looks like if you save a story, the scenes might be saved. Is this correct?

Oh – is there some sort of document I can look at that might answer my questions. The videos are nice, but they do not cover the basics very well.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

If you’re recalling a scene and nothing is changing then it looks like you have saved the same settings to all 3 scenes. This can happen if you highlight a scene and hit “store” when you mean to hit “recall”. It will store the consoles current settings, overwriting the scene you hit “store” on.

Chris

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

quote:

Oh – is there some sort of document I can look at that might answer my questions. The videos are nice, but they do not cover the basics very well.

There is a “screen reference guide” that adds a lot more detail on top of the original manual: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=GLDSeries&ProductId=GLD80&SubCatId=

John

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

It’s possible to change the label of the scene-save slot without actually saving the scene settings to that slot… (bit of a bad user interface, IMO). They’re two completely separate actions, and I’ve labeled the slot without saving the scene more than once.

What I do now to prevent this:
    First hit “store”, THEN type in the scene name.

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

quote:

It’s possible to change the label of the scene-save slot without actually saving the scene settings to that slot… (bit of a bad user interface, IMO). They’re two completely separate actions, and I’ve labeled the slot without saving the scene more than once.

Yes, changes to the name and the recall filters are immediate and don’t require a definite save, which is confusing.

John

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I’ll have to try some simple examples of just just storing a a couple of scenes and then powering down. Prior to powering down I was able to switch between scenes easily.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The scenes are a subsection of the show file. If a show file was loaded, and scenes updated, but the show file itself was not saved over with the new settings then the next time that show file is recalled the scenes will go back to how they were before.

Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.