Softkeys – need some help

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Softkeys – need some help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bigbean bigbean 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Yes, another newbie question. We tried to follow the instructions, but cannot get the softkey settings saved. We went through the menu to set a softkey to recall a scene and it seems to work the first time, but then always goes back to a ‘default’ mute type group.

We are really starting to feel comfortable with the system!

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2284

When you press the softkey a scene is recalled. If that new scene doesn’t have the same softkey settings then the settings will change. Softkeys can’t currently be scene safed but I believe that change is planned for the future.

Chris

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I back up everything to the show file frequently. It helps guard against memory weirdness.

No separate “config” files mean you have to either build each scene from scratch or save a couple of “template” scenes with all button assigns, talk back, strip assigns, inserts and aviom settings etc.

I stick template scenes at the end of list. Then recall the template modify levels and save to the useful scene slot which you can recall from one key on the surface.

As an alternate method you can save different looks to a “template show” file then recall, modify and save to the working show file.

I can’t wait until you can do this stuff with a laptop and blow it in with the usb key.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.