Ganging Faders

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Ganging Faders

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato HalfBakedPotato 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael.Csm-event
    Michael.Csm-event
    Participant

Hey Group.

I have a simple question but i didn’t find an answer for this question?

I don’t know how to gang (link) Faders together in the GLD 80….

I want to gang to Faders for Keyboard L + R.

Can you help me please?

Cheers
    Micha

Profile photo of Mike-Mullin
    Mike-Mullin
    Participant

Go to the “ganging” sub menu on the GLD-80
    and press the select buttons on the two channels you want to pair together.
    They will change colour to yellow and you are good to go.
    cheers,
    Mike

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Is there a way to gang the gains on a pair of keyboard faders also? I’m guessing not at this stage…?

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

gain can’t be ganged.

Other solution is to use channel 45-46 and/or 47-48 as they are stereo channels. Just configure them in the pre-amp settings of the channel to the right inputs and put them in the strip you want them to be. This is also great for panning issues. (remember that ganging does everything in absolute way, including panning… very useless for stereo channels)

TIP : Don’t do it thru the I/O screen. that is because the Input channels don’t show that they are patched stereo channels. (is a visual bug)

GLD80 :-)

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HalfBakedPotato

Is there a way to gang the gains on a pair of keyboard faders also? I’m guessing not at this stage…?

No, there isn’t at the moment, so there is no easy way to create additional stereo channels. It would be great to be able to gang the preamp section as well and also some way to invert the pan value on a ganged stereo pair.

John

HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

OK – that coincides with what I can see.

Trouble is I have three stereo mixes from keys and that’s taking up a lot of real estate on the board. 3 faders as opposed to 6 would be a lot more useful.

JDH28 – that behaviour is exactly what I’m on about. It would appear that our “wants” for a stero channel are very similar.

PLEVRIER – Channels 45-46 and 47-48 are in use for me at the moment – for interval music, running off the RCA sockets on the console. This may change though.

I haven’t looked at recording onto USB at the moment – in my head I want to be creating a matrix mix and outputing to say 47-48… or have I got this completely wrong? I’m just talking off the top of my head here, I am going to be investigating the template show tonight to see how it hangs together.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

quote:

PLEVRIER – Channels 45-46 and 47-48 are in use for me at the moment – for interval music, running off the RCA sockets on the console. This may change though.

Had the same issue. Since MP3 files (background music) are just stereo… I patched them into 42-43 and got rid of channel 43 on the surface after ganging them. For a few show I really need panning on stereo channels. This is the only way to do it for me.

quote:

I haven’t looked at recording onto USB at the moment – in my head I want to be creating a matrix mix and outputing to say 47-48… or have I got this completely wrong? I’m just talking off the top of my head here, I am going to be investigating the template show tonight to see how it hangs together.

You have to patch which output you want to record in the I/O screen. By default it is matrix out. Change it to Main L-R (most of the time)

GLD80 :-)

HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Am I right in thinking that you are using the RCAs as your stereo feeds then?

Thanks for the heads up on the patching – I want to have a slightly different mix for recording as I find the vocals too prominent in the mix if taking the LR recording directly, hence why I want a matrix mix.

PS – just found your thread https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2419 – sorry for covering the same ground again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.