Creating “stereo channels”

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Creating “stereo channels”

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi,

How you guys work with stereo channels ? I hoped it would be possible to patch 2 channels into one stereo channel, but isn’t possible.

Other solutions:
    * ganging. But for Panning not adequate, because parameters are all absolute.
    * patching two inputs into a stereo group, but too bad.. you you have aux sends for groups. So group is only usefull for MainMix

I would like to have only one fader for a stereo channel. Can’t be so hard to program this ?

In several shows I do, I have up to 10 stereo inputchannels (lots of keys and sampler things). So It would really help to have stereo configured channels.

GLD80 :-)

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The only way to really do this currently is to gang pairs of channels as you said.

The good part is that you do not have to have something displayed on the GLD fader strips for it to remain working. Eg. gang channels 1 and 2 and take channel 2 off strip assign. It will still work but you will only have to deal with one fader.

Chris

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

The only way to really do this currently is to gang pairs of channels as you said.

The good part is that you do not have to have something displayed on the GLD fader strips for it to remain working. Eg. gang channels 1 and 2 and take channel 2 off strip assign. It will still work but you will only have to deal with one fader.

True, but what do I have to do if I would like to change pan during show (which is done a lot during 1 of my shows). Then I have to get back to both channelstrips to change pan to the right way. If pan could be relative, that would be a good solution…

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by plevrier

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

True, but what do I have to do if I would like to change pan during show (which is done a lot during 1 of my shows). Then I have to get back to both channelstrips to change pan to the right way. If pan could be relative, that would be a good solution…

One other issue… at least as of v1.02, gain control can’t be ganged (I think).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.